German Oktoberfest Stew.
You can cook German Oktoberfest Stew using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Oktoberfest Stew
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of pkg kielbasa.
- It’s 1 of large onion sliced thin.
- Prepare 1 of small head cabbage chopped.
- It’s 2 of large russet potatoes diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 cup of german lager.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
German Oktoberfest Stew instructions
- Cut kielbasa into bite size pieces and put into a large pot with olive oil until browned..
- Add onion and cook until soft and slightly transparent. Add cabbage and cook a few more minutes..
- Add garlic, cook until aromatic, then add the lager. Let cook for a few minutes until the lager reduces by half. Add salt and pepper..
- Pour in the chicken stock, and potatoes, bring back to a boil, cover,.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes..
- Serve with black bread on the side, and a large beer..