Orange Zucchini Cake. I came up with this recipe one year to accommodate our plentiful zucchini crop. I used a carrot cake recipe and experimented until I got it right. It's a lovely cake with a tangy orange flavor—and the cream cheese frosting is a must. —Anne MacDonald, Alma, Quebec Zucchini Chocolate Orange Cake Zucchini Chocolate Orange Cake.
Whole wheat pastry flour adds a nice nutty flavor to the cake, while still keeping it moist. You get TWO veggies (carrot + zucchini) in one cake. This perfectly moist Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange Glaze will make a beautiful addition to any meal! You can cook Orange Zucchini Cake using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange Zucchini Cake
- You need 1 cup of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 tbsp of Orange peel.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 2 cup of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
Keyword bundt cake, zucchini bundt cake with orange glaze. This dark chocolate orange zucchini cake is so easy to prepare! It is rich, moist, and very delicious! If you like the combination of chocolate and orange, then this Bundt cake is the perfect dessert for you!
Orange Zucchini Cake step by step
- Cream butter and sugars, add Orange peel, spices and eggs. Sift flour, salt, baking powder. Alternate flour mixture and orange juice mix well. Add to creamed mixture. Add zucchini. Pour into greased and floured loaf pan or cake pan. 375°. Cool in pan, then make Glaze, 1 1/2 cups powered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 2-3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon soften butter. Mix till creamy, spread on cake or loaf..
Brush several layers of orange glaze evenly over cake, and garnish with candied zucchini before serving. In a large bowl whisk eggs until thickened and lemon coloured. Moist Citrus Zucchini Bundt Cake with Glaze! This is a wonderful way to use up a few zucchini. The fresh orange flavors and glaze make this cake even more perfect for summer.