Zucchini lasagna. Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce. Zucchini Lasagna With Beef and Sausage "My husband and guests raved about this recipe. It has now become our favorite pasta-less lasagne." – Ruth.
All the kids ate this; we will be making it again for sure." – pickmama. This lasagna uses zucchini in place of pasta thereby reducing calories. We're talking lots of layers of zucchini, mushrooms, a delicious beef sauce and, of course, loaded with lots of cheese. You can cook Zucchini lasagna using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini lasagna
- You need 4 of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 6 oz of baby spinach.
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion, minced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 32 oz of jar pasta sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 6 of no-boil lasagna noodles.
- It’s 15 oz of ricotta cheese, part skim.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano, dried flakes.
- Prepare 1 of fresh basil leaves, for garnish.
- Prepare 3 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
Continue layering the lasagna with zucchini slices, ricotta mixture, meat sauce, and mozzarella. Finish with a top layer of zucchini, the remaining meat sauce, and the remaining mozzarella. Drain any excess liquid from the edges of the baking pan with a. Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish.
Zucchini lasagna step by step
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible. Spread into a single layer on a clean dish towel and sprinkle liberally with salt. Let stand for 10 minutes. Blot up water with a paper towel..
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Preheat the broiler. Place zucchini slices in a single layer on the pans and drizzle with olive oil. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Broil for 10-20 minutes, flipping slices over once, until zucchini is tender and slightly browned on both sides..
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Add red pepper and cook another 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted..
- Add pasta sauce to pot along with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 10-15 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Lightly beat egg in a small bowl. Stir in ricotta, oregano, and parmesan..
- Spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray. Spread a small amount of sauce into pan and top with a single layer of roasted zucchini. Place 3 noodles on top, followed by half the cheese mixture and 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with half the remaining sauce and repeat the layer. Place the remaining sauce on top and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350°F..
- Remove foil for last few minutes to brown the cheese a bit. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh julienned basil..
It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna. Top it off with some grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves, and you'll have the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. Zucchini slices don't work as well as starchy noodles in terms of keeping the lasagna's shape, so this dish is flimsier than the traditional noodle-based one. Spoon a layer of marinara on top and cover with half of the zucchini. Zucchini Lasagna is a delicious, low-carb, wheat-free and gluten-free lasagna that's loaded with vegetables, it's SOOO good you won't miss the pasta!