You can cook Hunter's Kraut using 12 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hunter's Kraut
- Prepare of Claussen Saurkraut.
- You need of Cabbage.
- It’s of beef for stew (cut 1in x 1in).
- It’s of pork shldr blade (cut 1in x 1in).
- You need of beef smoked sausage.
- It’s of golden onion (chopped).
- Prepare of mushrooms (chopped).
- You need of salt (up to cook).
- You need of pepper (up to cook).
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of water (to cover kraut once in pot).
- Prepare of tomato paste.
Hunter's Kraut instructions
- Wash all vegetables!.
- Drain 32oz of Saurkraut in a strainer. Press Saurkraut to get rid of any extra undrained Kraut-water..
- Slice cabbage head in half. Continue slicing cabbage to match the thinness of the Saurkraut..
- Prepare 4-6in deep pot, preheating at low heat on a stovetop burner..
- Layer cut beef along bottom of 4-6in pot, bring heat to medium, let cook 50-70 minutes..
- As beef is cooking, pile cut pork on top of the beef, continue cooking at medium heat through the earlier advised 50-70 minutes. Cover pot..
- Add all thinly sliced cabbage to a 5-7in pot, on low heat..
- (optional) Add splash of vegetable broth to cabbage in 5-7in pot..
- Add bay leaves to 5-7in cabbage pot..
- Add water to 5-7in pot (1inch from top of cabbage). Cover pot. Cook for 40-45 minutes until clear..
- Melt butter on a pan. Add chopped onions to melted butter-pan..
- Add drained Saurkraut to cabbage after 20 minutes of boiling..
- Add sliced smoked Beef Sausage to meat-pot after pork and beef have cooked for 40 minutes..
- Take sliced mushrooms and add them to the onion pan. Cook until ready..
- Put everything together and let cook..