Fried stuffed Zucchini. Cut ends off zucchini, and cut each in half crosswise. My Zia Iolanda made fried zucchini blossoms when I was visiting her in Italy this past June. She deep fried them, which you can also do, but I just pan fry them.
In a small bowl combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, heavy cream, basil, and green onion. In Italy, zucchini blossoms are often stuffed with mozzarella and anchovies and fried in a crisp coating. Here, herbed ricotta is tucked into the blossoms with delicious results. You can have Fried stuffed Zucchini using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried stuffed Zucchini
- You need 1 kg of Zucchini.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 kg of Minced beef.
- You need 4 of medium size onions.
- It’s 3 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- It’s 3 of leaves Bay laurel.
- You need of Mastic.
- Prepare 2 of Cardamom.
- You need of Chilli powder.
If the ricotta is very moist, spoon it into a cheesecloth-lined fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl, and place in the refrigerator to drain overnight. Stuffed Zucchini with Chicken Sausage "I absolutely love this recipe. Great by itself or with a side of pasta." – Vicky. This one is going in my keeper folder!" – France C.
Fried stuffed Zucchini instructions
- Start by cooking your beef, in a pot add 1 tbsp butter, 2 medium sized minced onions, and mastic, wait till caramelized then add the beef+ 2 tsp salt and pepper.
- Start with cutting away the heads of zucchini and stripping it's skin (don't completely skin it).
- After stripping carefully hollow the zucchini and take care not to pierce it!.
- In a large pan add 1 tbsp minced garlic to 2 tbsp butter and mastic then fry the zucchini.
- While the zucchini fries and the beef cooks, prepare the sauce (all the taste comes here, enrich it with herbs and flavours!).
- Add 2 medium sized minced onions in 1 tbsp butter, mastic, Cardamom and caramelize, then add 4 tomatoes' juice and 3 leaves bay laurel + 2 tbsp heavy cream + salt, pepper and chilli.
- Extra tip when adding the Cardamom squeeze it till you get the seeds, use the small seeds in the sauce and put the rest of cardamom with zucchini while frying!.
- Afted frying the zucchini on all sides let cool for a while then start stuffing your beef!.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the zucchini and add extra beef on top (you can add some mozzarella for a golden tasty crust!).
- Put in oven for 10 mins then serve!.
Nat's Shrimp and Veggie Stuffed Zucchini "FABULOUS! I followed the recipe exactly as stated. Fried zucchini blossoms are also a traditional recipe of the Jewish ghetto in Rome. In their tradition, the flower is filled with a whole anchovy in oil and Provatura, a pasta filata cheese similar to mozzarella, but more consistent. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.