Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add tomatoes, broth, zucchini, green peppers, celery, onion and seasonings; bring to a boil. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
In the summer I freeze it to use in winter. Everyone loves it, even the kids. Lentils are used to add bulk to the soup – don't add any more than the recommend amount as this will overwhelm the taste of the zucchini. You can have Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of Bulk spicy Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of Celery.
- You need 1 medium of Green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Of each of the following basil dried oregano and pepper.
- It’s 1 quart of Canned tomatoes cut up.
- You need 1 can of Tomato juice.
- You need 4 cup of Diced zucchini.
- Prepare 1 of Grated Parmesan cheese.
Zucchini Soup I "I didn't know it could taste this good—my all-time favorite soup. Mexican Zucchini-Cheese Soup "We can't wait to make this delicious, slightly spicy soup every summer when zucchini are plentiful in our garden. We like to serve this with warm tortillas." – Always. Since zucchini is starting to stock up in my kitchen, I decided to do a zucchini recipe this week.
Spicy Italian Zucchini Soup instructions
- In Dutch oven brown the sausage with onion, drain excess fat. Add The next 9 ingredients, cover and simmer one hour. Stir in zucchini and simmer 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- If to thick add water.
I got this recipe from a friend last year. The recipe card kinda made me laugh though. It lists the ingredients but is very vague on the herbs and spices. Kinda like how an Italian Grandma cooks. You don't need loads of cream to make a Creamy Zucchini Soup because the natural texture of cooked zucchini blends into a thick, silky soup.