CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE. Sweet but not extremely sweet and makes good use of zucchini! You can frost it with chocolate frosting or cream cheese icing. This Chocolate Zucchini Cake is a deep, dark chocolate cake that is topped with light and fluffy chocolate whipped cream!
Clotilde's Chocolate and Zucchini Cake recipe – for a different take on Chocolate Zucchini Cake. This chocolate zucchini cake comes together quickly and easily! Simply whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl and beat the wet ingredients together in another bowl. You can cook CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark baking cocoa.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of reduced fat plain yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of shredded zucchini.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then add the chocolate chips. The cake batter will be slightly thick thanks to all of the zucchini! This is a great recipe with plenty of sweetness, and a little health for good measure! While you wouldn't expect chocolate and zucchini to go well together, this recipe is a great spin-off of Lidia Bastianich's similar concoction – and one you'll agree is totally delicious!
CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI CAKE instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease a 13×9" baking pan..
- In a large bowl. Whisk the first 7 ing. Together. In another bowl whisk eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla together until blended. Add flour mixture. Stir just until moistened. Stir in zucchini..
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 25 -30 minutes. Or until top springs back when lightly touched..
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack Icing recipe in next step..
- Melt 4 oz. Chopped unsweetened chocolate & 1/4 cup butter in a metal bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth. Place 1 can (5oz) evaporated milk & 1 cup sugar in a blender. Cover & process 1 minute to dissolve sugar. Add warm chocolate mixture cover & process just until mixture thickens to desired consistency. About 30 seconds. Mine took a little longer. Ice your cake. Store in refrigerator. You can also just dust with powered sugar..
View Suggestions BACK TO TOP See all. You guys are obsessed with my Chocolate Zucchini Bread and that makes me SO happy! I am so glad you like it as much as we do. One of the most popular vegetables of the summer is zucchini, turning up as cheesy casseroles, fried appetizers, and warm breads. Go one step further and make this chocolate cake, guaranteed to become your go-to recipe for birthday celebrations, potlucks, and simple weeknight desserts.