Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup. If you do not like sour taste that much, you can reduce the vinegar or lemon juice slightly or add a little bit more sugar. In different Chinese cuisines, Chinese sweet and sour sauce is widely been used. Chinese cuisine is an important part of Chinese culture, which includes cuisine originating from the diverse regions of China, as well as from Overseas Chinese who have settled in other parts of the.
The traditional hot and sour soup recipe call for Chinese dry shiitake mushroom. Soak the mushrooms in water until it is fully hydrated and become very soft and easy to cut. This Chinese hot and sour soup recipe is validated by our Chinese culinary expert Chef Katie Chin, author of Chinese and Asian cuisine food blog ChefKatieChin.com. You can cook Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup
- Prepare 1/4 lb of thin cut pork tenderloin, cut into strips.
- You need 8 oz of canned bamboo shoot strips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shred carrots.
- You need 1/4 cup of shred dried black fungus.
- It’s 3 of Chinese mushrooms or 5 brown mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 package of (about 5 oz) Enoki mushroom, (optional).
- You need 1 package of medium-hard tofu, cut into small pieces.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 2 of green onions, chopped.
- It’s of few cilantro, finely chopped.
- Prepare of ~~ Marinade for pork ~~.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of rice wine.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of potato starch.
- You need of ~~ Seasoning ~~.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of (or more) black vinegar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of potato starch.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of (or more) white pepper.
Don't call the Chinese takeaway – make your own egg fried rice. Use leftover rice, or cook and dry it on a plate before using so it doesn't stick to the wok..and sour flavors with a wave of my chopsticks in favor of the ma la fireworks of Sichuan cuisine. Sour, mellow, and hearty, it's a dish that seems as fitting of a German table as a Chinese one. The sweet and sour sauce is very commonly prepared in China cuisine.
Chinese Cuisine- Sour & Spicy Soup step by step
- Soak black fungus in water till soft (about 1 hour). In another bowl, soak Chinese mushrooms in water till soft (about 1 hour) then slice it into strips. Soak bamboo shoot strips in water to wash off the metal smell. Mix pork with marinade and marinate at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare other ingredients..
- Fill water in a pot about 1/3 full. Put cubed tofu, mushroom strips and mushroom water (the water that soaked mushrooms) in the cold water and cook until boil..
- Turn heat to medium. Discard the white foam on the soup surface. Add bamboo shoot strips, soft shred black fungus, shredded carrots, and rice wine continuing cook till boiling..
- Add Enoki mushroom and season with salt, soy sauce, and black vinegar. Bring the soup to boil. Mix 1 Tbsp potato starch with 1 Tbsp water well then stir it in the soup..
- Whisk eggs with a little bit salt and pour into the soup. When egg liquid is formed, lightly stir and break the egg. Then add pork strips cooking for 3 minutes..
- Add chopped green onions, cilantro, and white pepper stir well. Then, season again if needed..
There are sweet and sour dishes in Chinese restaurants in China and in the diaspora – where sweet and sour pork, not chicken. This thoroughly authentic Chinese Hot and Sour Soup recipe is carefully crafted, jam-packed with flavor, rivals your very favorite restaurant version, and is sure to WOW your dinner guests! The origins of Chinese cuisine can be traced back millennia. Chinese cuisine is extremely diverse with wide regional variations, and it is not uncommon for even Chinese people themselves to find the cuisine from another region to be completely foreign to them. To celebrate a cuisine that is so rich Chinese Recipes: A piping hot bowl of hot and sour soup on a wintery evening is all you need.