Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup). Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl. It is served with a boiled egg, fried shallots, celery leaves and herbs, and is hearty enough for a meal. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup.
But, when generously ladled over noodles, topped with chunky, juicy. Video tutorial how to cook Indonesian favorite chicken soup, Soto Ayam. Interested to become our sponsor in our next cooking tutorial video please contact us: [email protected] You can have Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) using 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup)
- You need 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- It’s 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- Prepare 1 inch of dried galangal.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- It’s 3 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Prepare of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- Prepare 7 of shallots.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- It’s 5 of candlenut.
- You need of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- You need Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- You need of Cooked rice.
- It’s of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- Prepare of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- You need of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- You need of Fried shallots (optional).
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
Soto ayam is chicken noodle soup – Indonesian style. This is seriously tasty noodle soup. I've had soto ayam in the Netherlands. That's as close as you can get outside Indonesia I think.
Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) instructions
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
They are mad for Indonesian in the Netherlands. This version of the classic Indonesian chicken soup comes from the Hyatt Regency in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. In the magazine, they talk about having a no RSVP soup party which is low pressure & high commitment. Soto Ayam is the Indonesian version of chicken soup. This soup is flavored with kaffir lime leaves , lemongrass, and a rich paste of herbs and spices.