Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan. And after a few minutes, the stock. This Vegetable Quinoa Soup is healthy, hearty and easy to make! Recipe is vegan, oil-free, low-fat and can be made on the stovetop or crockpot!
This soup is vegan unless you want to top it with Parmesan cheese, which isn't a bad idea if you ask me. This healthy homemade vegetable soup recipe is full of veggies, kale and quinoa. Quinoa is not only super delicious, it's also incredibly good for you! You can have Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of leek, chopped.
- You need 1-2 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of quinoa, rinsed.
- It’s 1 of potato, chopped.
- You need 500 ml of vegan or veggie stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cabbage, chopped.
- You need 1 of + tsp chilli powder (i used ancho + some flakes; any will do).
- Prepare 1 of + tsp ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 cup of sweetcorn or broad beans or any other in-season veg.
We got you covered with quinoa one pot meals, quinoa salad, quinoa soup, quinoa breakfasts, and so much more! Quinoa is cooked in vegetable broth and mixed with sauteed garlic, tofu, broccoli, mushrooms, and spinach. I added rosemary and thyme to the quinoa while it was cooking. In a big bowl I placed the olive oil and salt and ensured that the veggies marinated in that mixture prior to addition of quinoa.
Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan instructions
- In a large pot heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, leek and celery and sauté for 10-15 mins..
- Add the potato, cabbage and spices. Cook for about 5 mins..
- Add the quinoa. And after a few minutes, the stock. Bring to the boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 mins. Add any other seasonal veg you’re using when you need to to ensure it’s cooked through..
- Add more chilli and cumin + pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
This comforting quinoa vegetable soup packs a wealth of nutrients, thanks to a generous amount of fall veggies. With each bite, you get a taste of sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, celery root, and more in this aromatic soup. This vegan squash quinoa soup is actually inspired by my travels through Peru with my parents. Everywhere we went quinoa soup was on the menu. A hearty and veggie filled thin broth with a little bit of quinoa.