Shepherds Pie low carb. VEGGIES If it's a low carb vegetable, it can go into this keto shepherd's pie recipe. Onions, celery, mushrooms, even broccoli, peas or green beans make for a colorful entrée. TOPPING Beef stock, tomato paste, and garlic give the base for this pie some depth but what really makes this recipe a standout is the mashed cauliflower topping!
In large skillet, fry bacon until crisp; drain well and set aside. In same skillet, brown the hamburger and onion, seasoning with salt and pepper; drain fat. KETO COTTAGE PIE TLDR: Use low carb root vegetables, thicken cottage pie with xanthan gum and tomato paste, make low carb cottage pie with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes. You can have Shepherds Pie low carb using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie low carb
- You need of pie.
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb of lamb.
- Prepare 2 cup of carrots.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of mushroom.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of marjoram.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of rosemary.
- You need 1/3 tsp of summer savory.
- Prepare 7 of lamb stock or beef stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter softened.
- You need of mashed cauliflower.
- You need 2 of large heads of cauliflower.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 1/2 pints of water.
Like a good low carb beef stew, cottage pie is a comfort food winner. There's a reason it's called comfort food, my friends. A low-carb shepherd's pie has all of the comfort food appeal of the regular version but with a fraction of the carbs. I used left over pot roast for the meat and I added a little horseradish and cheese to the topping just to give it some zip.
Shepherds Pie low carb step by step
- Preheat oven 275° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the lamb into bite sized pieces..
- Slice the carrots, and mushrooms. Chop the onions. Mix everything for the pie together. Put into 9×13 baking pan. Bake 2 hours. Stir well..
- Boil steam the cauliflower. Drain all the liquids when it gets fork tender..
- Mix the salt, cream, and cauliflower. Whip them till creamy don't make the cauliflower too runny but should be firm. Let cool..
- Spread cauliflower over the lamb mixture. Turn heat up to 425° Fahrenheit. Make grooves in cauliflower and bake 30 minutes..
- Let sit 10 minutes serve I hope you enjoy!.
It is a little lighter and fresher with the cauliflower mash rather than potatoes, too. To keep the meal low carb/THM S: Since shepherd's pie is really an all-in-one meal, we usually don't go crazy on the side dishes. Either a tossed green salad with a yummy homemade vinaigrette, or some extra sautéed green beans or zucchini is all we need. Keto Shepherd's Pie; Before going low carb, I used to make cottage pie all the time. It was a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.