Vegan Shepherd's Pie. So flavorful and satisfying that you won't miss the meat! Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. It's still cold and rainy here, so the comfort food continues!
I'm not sure how happy Gordon would be about this, so. This vegan shepherd's pie is what (dinner) dreams are made of! Jaye was the one who conceived of it (he's great with the savory stuff!) and he wanted to experiment with chopping up mushrooms super fine and putting them in with the veggie mince to create a really hearty texture. You can cook Vegan Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- It’s of mashed potato layer.
- Prepare 4 medium of russet potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s of bottom layer.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- It’s 3 cup of mixed vegetables.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot chunky salsa.
- It’s 1 packages of yves ground round.
This vegan shepherd's pie is the dinner recipe version of wearing a fuzzy sweater and drinking hot mulled cider. It's cozy comfort food to the max! Imagine: a creamy gravy filled with tender vegetables, lentils and scented with fennel and sage. Then a fluffy layer of Yukon gold potatoes, topped with fresh rosemary.
Vegan Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Bring potatoes to a boil until tender – 25 min – and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray 2 qt baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet, stir in onion, mixed vegetables and salsa..
- Crumble the veggie ground beef into skillet with vegetables – medium heat – about 10 min.
- Spread vegetarian meat into bottom of baking dish cover with mashed potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven – about 20 min.
Meanwhile, chop the carrots, celery, and onion, sauté in vegan butter or oil for a few minutes. Jamie's vegan shepherd's pie recipe is a warm and comforting treat; topped with a root mash and breadcrumbs this vegan shepherds pie is a real crowd pleaser. This naturally vegan lentil shepherd's pie is made by baking stewed lentils and vegetables with a garlic chive mashed potato topping. My meatless shepherd's pie recipe is flavorfully made with normal, non-weird, nutritious ingredients and I hope that you and your family love it! Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower About the author FitMenCook.