Cauliflower Gratin. Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Get Cauliflower Gratin Recipe from Food Network. Place the lightly steamed cauliflower florets in an even layer in the dish.
Place the drained cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top. Cauliflower gratin, rich and cheesy and comforting, is the perfect keto and low carb alternative to starchy potato gratin. Of all the many ways to prepare cauliflower, this creamy gratin is definitely one of my favorites. You can cook Cauliflower Gratin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Gratin
- You need 2 each of Yellow onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 head of Cauliflower.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 90 grams of Goat cheddar.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper.
Granted, adding sour cream and gruyere cheese to almost anything would make it taste good! But this is especially true for. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Season lightly with white pepper and sprinkle all the cheeses over.
Cauliflower Gratin instructions
- Slice up the onion(1/4" slices) and toss it in a steel sautée pan with some butter on medium low heat. Come back to stir occasionally. If you hear sizzling, stir and reduce the heat slightly. Cook em down to a sweet brown mush and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Pare cauliflower to small florets, reserving the core. Place florets on a baking tray with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 15 minutes until cauliflower is beginning to crisp and turn golden brown..
- As the florets roast, peel and slice the core, then toss it in a pot with the milk. Simmer until cauliflower core is tender..
- Slice or grate the cheese. Pour the milk and cauliflower mixture into a blender. Purée, adding the cheese slowly. Season with salt and pepper and continue blending to achieve a smooth consistency..
- Spread the caramelized onions in the bottom of a baking dish. Scatter the cauliflower on top. Pour your cheese sauce evenly over the top to cover the cauliflower..
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown..
Cauliflower Gratin is perfectly cheesy and unbelievably easy! Serve as a yummy gluten-free and vegetarian side dish with any meal. I don't know about you, but any recipe that instructs the cook to "bake until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly" is a recipe I want to be making. Bonus points for said recipe to call for just a handful of everyday ingredients, be gluten-free and. Transfer cauliflower to strainer using a slotted spoon; run under cold water to stop cooking.