Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie. This vegan mushroom shepherd's pie had all the comfort of a traditional shepherd's pie. It's loaded with meaty mushrooms, carrots, onions, and peas in savory gravy. This pie will be loved by all!
Everything happens on the stove top and finished for a couple of minutes under the broiler flames. Remove from the heat and transfer mushrooms and any cooking liquid to the prepared baking dish. Transfer the mushroom shepherd's pie to an ovenproof baking dish. You can have Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie
- Prepare 500 g of potatoes.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare 100 g of grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine.
- You need of For the filling.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of green peas cooked.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of courgette.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rosemary.
- You need 100 g of mushrooms.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Top with the brown butter mashed potatoes and spread them evenly over the top. There is nothing more comforting than a vegetarian shepherd's pie with a slightly crispy mashed potato topping and rich vegetable and gravy filling. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with mushrooms, carrots, peas, gravy and baked under creamy mashed potatoes. ♡ Plant based! Easily made vegan or gluten free.
Vegetarian mushroom shepherd's pie step by step
- Put all your ingredients together.peel,dice and wash the potatoes.boil them till ready.
- When ready drain the water and mash them with the egg yolk,milk,butter and cheese.season with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- For the mushrooms so that they retain their crunchyness.sautee them in oil for 2 minutes.put them aside on a plate.
- For the filling. dice all your vegetables.fry the onion in oil till brown.
- Add all your vegetables and a tomato paste and fry for 2 minutes then add water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour to thicken the sauce.add water cook till the vegetable s are ready.
- To your casserole dish add the peas stew and arrange the mushrooms on top.
- Add the mash potatoes and press down and take a fork and make designs with it.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve when ready.garnish with spring onion.
Vegetarian Mushroom Shepherd's Pie – With Vegan Version. Chop the mushrooms, carrot and red bell pepper. Add them into your food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed together. Add the mixture above, diced onions, chopped dill and parsley, soy. Traditional Shepherd's pie contains ground beef, which I considered swapping for walnuts, a combination of mushrooms and walnuts, or lentils.