Carrot and Daikon Miso Soup – vegan.
You can have Carrot and Daikon Miso Soup – vegan using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot and Daikon Miso Soup – vegan
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil or neutral oil.
- Prepare 3-4 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need of Daikon – i used about 1/3 of a big daikon, peeled and chopped.
- You need of Gobo root – also known as burdock root, peeled and chopped;.
- Prepare of it discolours within milliseconds so peel then put in water with a tsp of cider vinegar. When you’re ready, slice it into matchsticks or shave as if you’re sharpening a pencil.
- It’s of small piece of kombu.
- It’s of enough water to cover the vegetables.
- It’s of Ginger – about a 5cm chunk, peeled and grated.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of white miso paste.
- You need 1-2 of spring onions, finely chopped.
- It’s of some shichimi to serve – or salt, pepper and some chilli flakes.
Carrot and Daikon Miso Soup – vegan step by step
- To show how much veg i used – i didn’t use quite all this chunk of daikon..
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later). Sauté the carrot, daikon and gobo for about 10 mins..
- Add enough water to cover the vegetables + the kombu. Bring to boil and then simmer (with the lid on) until the veg are tender..
- Remove the kombu.Add the ginger and miso. Mix well..
- Serve with spring onion and shichimi sprinkled on top. Enjoy 😋.