Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce. Adding cream cheese to alfredo sauce is almost like a shortcut way to add creaminess and flavor! Of course, the longer this alfredo sauce simmers or sits off the heat, the thicker it will get, but it always stays creamy and pourable, which is fantastic for serving over tortellini, which my kids love. It tastes too much like a cream cheese sauce, not alfredo.
The added ingredients made the sauce edible. Alfredo Sauce With Cream Cheese Homemade Alfredo Sauce With Cream Cheese. There is nothing better than a decadent, cream cheese Alfredo sauce when it comes down to dinner. You can cook Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 of large clove minced garlic, or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese – softened and cubed.
- Prepare 2 cup of low fat milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese (I used a parmesan romano blend).
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley flakes (or 1 tbs fresh chopped).
- It’s 1 pinch of ground nutmeg or cayenne pepper.
- You need of salt and black pepper.
I must admit however, that while my sister's recipe (pictured below) calls for milk instead of whipping cream…I use whipping cream instead. Homemade Alfredo Sauce with Cream Cheese is the creamiest, easiest quick fettuccini Alfredo ever! Learning to cook homemade sauces like Easy Marinara makes weeknight cooking so much easier, tastier, and affordable. You won't have to rely on store-bought sauce when an Italian Food craving hits.
Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce step by step
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium low heat. Add olive oil and butter. When butter is melted and garlic. Cook until garlic is just fragrant, stirring constantly so not to burn. Only about 1 minute. Add flour to make a roux, increase heat to medium and cook an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly..
- Whisk in milk and bring to a slow simmer, whisking frequently to keep it from clumping or curdling. Reduce heat to medium low. Add cream cheese, whisk into milk until it is fully melted and incorporated into a nice smooth sauce (no cream cheese lumps remaining)..
- Whisk in grated parmesan until fully melted and texture of sauce looks smooth once more. Stir in dried parsley, nutmeg and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer gently an additional 5 minutes on medium low for flavors to blend, stirring frequently..
- Turn off heat. Add to favorite pasta, veggie and/or meat, toss to coat and enjoy! NOTE: If using fresh parsley, stir in at the very end after heat is turned off..
- Serving suggestion: boil bowtie (farfalle) pasta for 2 min less than listed on package. Drain, add to sauce, reduce heat to low, cover and let sit 5 minutes for pasta to absorb some of the sauce and finish cooking. It went great with my cornflakes chicken recipe! Yum! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354370-cornflake-parmesan-chicken-tenders.
A quick, cheap and easy recipe for the classic alfredo pasta sauce. The secret ingredient is cream cheese! Homemade Cream Cheese Garlic Alfredo Sauce is always a family favorite and you only need a few simple ingredients to make it! Alfredo sauce with cream cheese, an easy homemade alfredo sauce recipe that is quick enough for weeknight dinners. If you make the recipe with heavy cream, you shouldn't need to thicken this Alfredo sauce.