Alfredo Sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. How to Make a Healthy Alfredo Sauce. For a lighter version of Alfredo sauce, try making a roux with one tablespoon each butter and flour.
This is an "authentic" Alfredo sauce recipe! Real Alfredo sauce *only* contains butter, cream, Parmesan cheese and pepper. It will be thin and there is no garlic in it! You can have Alfredo Sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Alfredo Sauce
- Prepare 1 cup (8 oz) of Heavy Whipping Cream.
- You need 4 oz of freshly grated parmesan.
- It’s 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) of butter (salted or unsalted by preference).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (1 1/2 tsp minced).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s to taste of salt.
If you want a thicker sauce or one with garlic like modern restaurants serve, please look elsewhere! Alfredo Sauce is the most creamy and delicious homemade alfredo sauce that you will ever make! This is a tried and true recipe and you will agree that it is the best recipe out there! In a saucepan or skillet, warm the butter and cream.
Alfredo Sauce instructions
- Melt butter on low heat. Add garlic let simmer for one minute..
- Add whipping cream and italian seasoning. Increase heat to medium and bring just to boil..
- Add Parmesan cheese stirring constantly. Let simmer for 5 minutes then pour over pasta of choice..
Add the Parmesan and stir until melted. Toss to combine, thinning with pasta water if necessary. Butter, cream, egg yolk and two kinds of cheese are cooked together with a dash of freshly ground nutmeg to make a luxurious, classic Alfredo sauce. Buy a whole nutmeg and grate only as much as you need. The unmistakable flavor is well worth it.