fajita lasagna. Fajita seasoning mix adds a Mexican twist to this Italian favorite. Your family will shout "Olé" when they taste this fusion lasagna! Fajitas make for a fun dinner when everyone wants to assemble their own, but if you are looking for a make-ahead tasty meal to feed a crowd, this version of lasagna, which uses tortillas in place of pasta.
This DIY Fajita Seasoning is incredibly simple, ready in no time and made from basic pantry ingredients that you can pronounce. Perfect for fajitas, tacos, soups and sauces! A fajita (/fəˈhiːtə/; Spanish: [faˈxita] (listen)) in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. You can have fajita lasagna using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of fajita lasagna
- You need of skinless boneless chicken breast cut into thin strips.
- You need of chorizo. removed from casing.
- You need of skirt or flank steak cut. into thin strips.
- It’s of shrimp cooked peeled tail off.
- You need of bell peppers I like to use 1 of each color cut into thin strips.
- It’s of onions any color you have. I like red cut into thin strips.
- Prepare of jalapen peppers minced very small.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need of flour tortilla shells.
- It’s of spanish rice mix prepared to the instructions and cooled to room temp.
- Prepare of black beans.
- You need of cheese I like sharp cheddar or chihuahua shredded.
The term originally referred to skirt steak, the cut of beef first used in the dish. These sheet pan vegetarian fajitas are SO incredible, everyone who tries them loves them! The vegetarian fajitas are done when the vegetables are soft with crisp edges, and blackened a little bit in. Many diets fail due to their unsustainability – if you're always eating diet fare that you don't enjoy, you won't be able to stick to your plan long enough to see results.
fajita lasagna step by step
- in a very hot large skillet put all the meats excepy the shrimp. add the seasonings and the garlic onions and jalapenos and a small amount of oil to keep it from sticking.
- cook this until the meat is doone and tender stirring constantly.
- add your bell peppers and shrimp stir well to get all the shrimp and peppers mixed in well.
- turn off the heat cover with a lid and go drink a beer or maybe 2.
- preheat the oven to about 375 farenheit and get a large deep casserole – lasagna pan. I use a 16 inch cast iron skillit.
- lube up the cooking vessel of your choice withe oil of your choice and start building.
- layer tortillas as far apart as you can. but overlapping the edges till the entire pan bottom is covered then spoon in some meat and peppers spread thin and even then a layer of cheese layer of tortillas then rice cheese tortillas beans meat cheese. etc till either you've used it all or the pan is too full to add more. then press it down firmly to compact it and add the final layer of cheese.
- cover and bake for about 30 minutees then remove the lid and bake more until the cheese starts to brown.
- let stand.for about 5 minutes then cut and serve.
Fajitas recipes are becoming the most efficient choice when it involves eating healthy food. The popularity of the fajitas shortly unfolded and resulted in fajitas served in the majority of the menus. This Fajita Salad Recipe will give you all the goodness of traditional fajitas without all the carbs! This wonderful casserole was added to my recipe collection many years ago. The tuna and three-cheese blend wins over doubters who say they aren't fond of fish.—Virginia Ferris.