3-ingredient banana pancake, this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try. Mash banana in a bowl using a fork; add eggs, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix batter well. In a bowl, mash the banana with a fork. In a mixing bowl, crack in the eggs and add in baking powder.
This nutty ingredient solves all the problems that minimalist pancakes usually run into: too banana-y, too eggy, too soggy, too mushy. These two-ingredient banana pancakes have been floating around the internet for several years now, first on fitness sites (protein! low fat!) and then on parenting sites (toddler-friendly!). Sightings finally reached critical mass, and I had to try them for myself. You can cook 3-ingredient banana pancake using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 3-ingredient banana pancake :
- You need 1-2 of very ripe bananas (overripe is perfect).
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of milk (any kind will do, even coconut milk).
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter + splash of oil for frying pan.
Things might get pretty simple sometimes but. These pancakes couldn't be easier to make! Although I call these three ingredient pancakes, I usually add some cinnamon and vanilla extract to my pancakes as well. Hop to it: Whip up cute and tasty hotcakes quick as you-know-what.
3-ingredient banana pancake step by step
- Mash bananas in a bowl with the salt until it forms a smooth wet paste..
- Add 2 tbsp flour and a splash of milk. Mix to see if consistency is like a thick batter. It should be smooth enough to pour into the frying pan but not as runny as regular pancake batter. Add more flour or milk til desired consistency is reached..
- Meanwhile, heat a flat pan on medium heat with the butter & a bit of oil (the oil keeps the butter from burning). Pour in batter and form either one medium size pancake or two smaller ones..
- Cook for about 3 – 4 minutes on the first side until little bubbles form on the surface before carefully flipping over. Cook the other side for 2 -3 minutes. If the heat appears too high, switch to a low flame. The natural sugars in bananas makes it caramelise / burn easily..
- Serve immediately. I find this eggless pancake gets a bit chewy if it sits at room temperature so make it in small batches when you're ready to eat some easy, healthy pancakes :).
I love to make pancakes on weekends and serve them with banana, maple syrup or chocolate sauce. Mix the banana, eggs and peanut butter in a small blender and whizz until smooth. If you don't know I'm a pancake lover by now, you may never know. The secret lies in a little baking powder and coconut flour, which keep these pancakes grain-free and incredibly cake-like in texture! An easy recipe for healthy flourless banana and egg pancakes that doesn't fall apart.