Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo. Great recipe for Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo. Great recipe for Mike's Garlic Linguini Alfredo. My seven year old culinary students wanted to make their parents a romantic Valentines dinner tonight and that's exactly what they did!
Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo is a wonderfully creamy and rich pasta dish with lots of garlic flavor. The alfredo sauce for this Italian dinner is from scratch but super easy to make. Four ounces of cream cheese combine with a simple flour and milk roux to make an ultra creamy and thick sauce. You can have Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo
- You need 1 of 30 – 40 Count Bag Large Raw Shrimp (de-veined – sucked).
- You need 1 Jar (15 oz) of Bertolli Garlic Alfredo Sauce (this brand is important since it won't lend any metallic taste).
- It’s 6 of LG Garlic Cloves (fine minced).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Parmesean Cheese (grated).
- You need 1/2 Cup of Green Onions (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of LG Portabello Mushrooms (chopped).
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley (chopped).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Sea Salt.
- It’s 1 of Good Dash White Wine (about 1/4 cup).
This meal takes little effort and is so creamy and delicious the entire family will go crazy for! Pin it to your (Board Type) board to SAVE it for later! Busy days and nights are pretty typical around here. We love anything alfredo and recently wanted shrimp.
Mike's Garlic Shrimp Alfredo step by step
- Here's what you'll need..
- Chop your vegetables and cleanly shuck your raw shrimp. Tails, shells and legs. Butterfly and remove the back black veins of needed. Gently tamp your shrimp dry with clean paper towels..
- Add everything except for shrimp to your pan. Simmer Alfredo on high for 5 minutes covered. Stir occasionally..
- This was the flat noodle pasta he decided to go with. A delicious decision on his part!.
- Boil your noodles covered as per the manufacturers directions. This specific noodle took about 3 minutes. But, know that most can take upwards of 12 minutes. Add a little salt and oil to your water as well. About a teaspoon of each. My student used a garlic infused olive oil. Stir occasionally to keep noodles from sticking..
- At the same time – add your shrimp to your Alfredo Sauce and simmer covered for 3 minutes longer. Stir occasionally. You'll know your shrimp are done when they're partially pink in hue..
- Drain your noodles well and add to your simmering Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Sauce. Stir and simmer covered for 1 minute longer..
- My student decided to make some pre-fabed pull apart garlic bread to serve with this dish for dipping. He baked it for 20 minutes at 350°..
- Serve hot with fresh baked garlic bread. Garnish dish with fresh or dried Parsley. Enjoy! KIDS ROCK!.
I made this for our family in minutes and it was a huge hit! The shrimp was so delicious and the alfredo was creamy, cheesy and so amazing! We all were super impressed with how good this turned out. Skip the store bought Alfredo sauce and make it at home. Cooked shrimp and sliced fresh mushrooms are bathed in sauteed garlic, cream cheese, fresh parsley and a dash of basil.