Easy Cuban Style Chicken Stew – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick serve Easy Cuban Style Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. after that how you to cook that.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Easy Cuban Style Chicken Stew :
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive or vegetable oil.
- Set 1/2 of medium onion, peeled and cut into 1/4" wide pieces, vertically.
- make ready 1/2 of a bell pepper, cored and deveined and cut into 1/4" wide pieces (red and yellow are sweeter and prettier in this dish, but green will do in a pinch).
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and rough chopped.
- You need 2.5 pounds of chicken pieces (bone-in drums and thighs work best, skin on or off, depending on your preference).
- It’s 1 packet of Goya brand sazon con azafran (If you don't have Goya sazon, see last step for substitution).
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Set 1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 (15 oz.) of can tomatoes.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of unsalted chicken stock.
- You need 1/3 cup of frozen peas.
Easy Cuban Style Chicken Stew preparation
- In a large Dutch oven or deep saute pan (at least 10"), saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic in the oil over medium high heat for about 3 minutes, or until the onions start to turn translucent..
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the peas, stir to distribute evenly, cover with the lid askew and bring the stew up to a boil over high heat. (Should take 5 to 7 minutes.).
- Once the stew has been boiling for 1 minute, give it a good stir, lower the heat to medium low, and simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on askew, stirring occasionally. A good simmer will produce gentle movement under the surface of the liquid, but no splatter..
- Adjust the seasoning if needed (you might like a little more salt), add the peas, turn the heat up to medium, and simmer another 5 to 10 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally..
- Serve with your starch of choice. The stewing liquid, and lots of it, is delicious over plain steamed rice. Enjoy! :).
- GOYA Sazon substitute: 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric and, if you have it, a pinch of saffron or 1 teaspoon of ground achiote (annatto).