Baked Chicken Alfredo Ziti. Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti Ingredients: To make this Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti recipe, you will need: Pasta: Feel free to use any shape (ziti, penne, fettuccine, etc.) and variety (classic, whole-wheat, gluten-free, etc.) of pasta that you prefer. Shredded, cooked chicken: I either shred a rotisserie chicken, or use leftovers from this baked chicken breasts recipe. Made with your choice of traditional Alfredo sauce or a lighter version.
Stir in half-and-half and Parmesan cheese. Whisk in flour, parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently. You can have Baked Chicken Alfredo Ziti using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Alfredo Ziti
- Prepare of Alfredo Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 4 clove of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of low fat milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Parmeasan cheese (grated).
- You need of Pasta.
- You need 12 oz of Ziti Pasta.
- It’s 2 cup of Cooked Chicken (shredded).
- You need 1 of batch Alfredo Sauce (see above).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Mozzarella (shredded).
- Prepare 2 cup of broccoli (optional).
Cook the pαstα αl dente in α lαrge stockpot of well-sαlted boiling αccording to pαckαge instructions. Spread about half of the pasta mixture on the bottom of the baking dish, then sprinkle with half of the mozzarella. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Chicken Alfredo or fettuccine Alfredo with chicken is an Italian classic that can be found on restaurant menus all over the United States.
Baked Chicken Alfredo Ziti step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 375Â°F.
- Heat Olive oil in saute pan on medium heat. Add garlic for and saute for 1 minute..
- Sprinkle flour into saute pan. Cook for additional minute and stir occasionally..
- Slowly add chicken broth and whisk until smooth..
- Whisk in milk and bring to a simmer. Let cook until thickened..
- Add parmeasan cheese, pepper, and salt until cheese is melted. Set aside..
- Cook pasta until tender in large pot. Drain. Return pasta to pot and add cooked chicken and alfredo sauce..
- Pour half pasta into baking dish and cover with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Add the other half and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese..
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until cheese on top is beginning o golden..
Although the two terms are often used interchangeably, fettuccine is actually the name of the pasta that is used in the dish and Alfredo is the name of the sauce. We're a family that loves pasta, and one look through our recipes here will prove it. From this Baked Chicken Spaghetti to the more recent Lasagna Soup, pasta is made a lot in our home. This Baked Chicken Alfredo Ziti recipe came after making Slow Cooker Baked Ziti, which has a traditional tomato based sauce and is entirely made in the crockpot. Chicken broccoli ziti alfredo bake is a simple and elegant one-dish meal.