Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick have Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you to make ready this.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe :
- Set 1 tbsp of butter (you can use salted or unsalted butter. Just remember to adjust the salt).
- Set 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin (a lot? yes, that’s because I love it. But you can adjust it to your taste. Start with 2 tsp at least).
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Set 2 cups of chicken stock (or 2 chicken bouillon cube + 500 ml water).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken fat drips (or replace it with butter).
- It’s of Black pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
Easy Chicken Gravy Recipe step by step
- Start with 1 tbsp butter in a pan using just medium flame, and add the thinly sliced yellow onion right after the butter is melted..
- Once the onion starts to look transparent, add in the thinly sliced garlic. Keep turning them until caramelized..
- Once it’s beginning to be caramelized, add dried thyme and cumin and keep turning them around 2 minutes..
- Add in all-purpose flour and mix it with the onion and the garlic and after they’re mixed, pour the chicken fat (or extra butter) in and turn it for 1 minute, then pour in the chicken stock (or water with the chicken bouillon cube)..
- Shimmer it on small flame to thicken to about 1 cup (Since you need to strain it later, take a wild guess that after it’s strained, it’ll be 1 cup).
- Season it with salt and pepper, taste it, and after you’re happy with it, leave it there for 2 extra minutes before straining it..
- Now all you need to do is just straining the gravy and prepare to receive praises with grace!.