Cottage Pie – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick cook Cottage Pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. after this how you to achieve that.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Cottage Pie :
- You need 500 g of lean beef mince.
- You need 1 of carrot, diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of celery sticks, diced.
- You need 3 of large potatoes cut into large cubes.
- make ready 500 ml of beef stock.
- Prepare of Mixed herbs.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- make ready of Garlic paste.
- Set 1 of little red wine.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Milk.
- Prepare of Butter.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to about 190°. Heat a little olive oil in a large sauce pan and add the onion, carrot and celery (apparently called a mirepoix). Cook for a few minutes..
- Crumble in the mince to the mirepoix and cook until brown, stirring with a fork rather than a spoon (stops the mince from clumping together)..
- Add in a little red wine, a little Worcestershire sauce, some garlic paste, mixed herbs, salt and pepper, all to taste and then add the beef stock. Simmer, covered for about 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, cook the potatoes until soft, about 15 minutes, then mash with a little butter and milk until smooth and set aside..
- Transfer the minced beef and vegetables to an oven dish..
- Layer the mashed potatoes on top and fluff with a fork. Cook in the oven for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are nice and golden. Enjoy 😋.