Zucchini Instant Pickles. Layer zucchini slices tightly, sprinkling dill and parsley between each layer. Pack the zucchini down with a clean cooking utensil if needed. Recipe for quick and crisp zucchini pickles – ready to eat within one day.
ExcerptI've been making these coin-shaped zucchini pickles all summer. They're quick to make, great to have on hand, and I don't bother canning them. Delicious on crusty, goat-cheese slathered grilled bread (or just about anything cheesy or crunchy) and simple salads. You can cook Zucchini Instant Pickles using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Instant Pickles
- You need 1 of Giant Zucchini.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Sea salt.
- You need 1 oz of Shio Konbu.
- It’s 4 of table spoons Dashi Shoyu.
- Prepare 1 of ” cube of chopped ginger.
Place zucchini and onions into a large bowl, cover with water, and stir in salt until dissolved. Pickling is one of the oldest and tastiest ways to preserve food, and these quick zucchini pickles come with plenty of opportunities to chop and change according to your personal taste. They're super quick, cheap and easy to make, reducing the amount of food. Quick Carrot and Zucchini Pickles are fantastic on burgers, sandwiches, and wraps.
Zucchini Instant Pickles instructions
- Peel zucchini with Peeler in stripe.
- Cut into size 8mm thickness.
- Chop ginger into small pieces.
- Put cut zucchini into a bowl and put sea salt and mix and leave for 20-30min.
- Drain water from zucchini out the bowl.
- Add ginger and shio konbu and wait for 20-30min..
They are also brilliant in salads and they are quick and easy to make. The love of pickles is most certainly in my blood. I'm sure it has to do with my Latvian heritage, I've been eating pickles since the day I could chew. I believe this method makes it easier to avoid the dread of droopy, overly soft pickles. The zucchini pickles turn a fantastic shade of yellow in the spice mixture and look absolutely gorgeous floating in a glass jar.