Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick brew Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. after this how you to make ready it.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew :
- It’s 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 1-1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- make ready 1/2 of an onion, cut into 1/4" slices vertically.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- make ready 12 of grape or cherry tomatoes (or you can cut a couple of Romas or regular salad tomatoes into 6 pieces each).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of achiote (or you can use chili powder or paprika).
- make ready 2 Tablespoons of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Set 1/4 cup of water, white wine, or unsalted stock.
- You need of chopped cilantro and green onions.
Super Easy Mex-Inspired Chicken Stew instructions
- Layer the chicken thighs on the bottom of your pot (4 to 5 quart pot should do).
- Sprinkle salt evenly over chicken..
- Throw all the other ingredients in..
- Cover and turn heat on to medium, cooking for 30 minutes total, stirring occasionally. If it gets a little too bubbly in there and solids are starting to stick to the bottom, just turn the heat down a tad..
- Looks like this after the 30 mins. This is when you'd want to adjust seasonings, if needed. Turn heat down to low and cook, lid askew, for another 10 minutes..
- Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. That's it!.
- Enjoy. :).