Easy Beef Stew for Two – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick cooking Easy Beef Stew for Two using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Next how you to make ready that.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Easy Beef Stew for Two :
- You need 1-2 lbs of well marbled beef chuck shoulder, in 2" in chunks.
- make ready of Salt & pepper to season.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, largely diced.
- Set 3 cloves of garlic, rough chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- make ready 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s Handful of flour.
- make ready 3 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1 of bay leave.
- make ready 1 teaspoon of dried time.
- Prepare of Couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
- Set 4-6 of carrots, cut into 1" medallions.
- You need 4-6 of celery stalks,cut 1" pieces.
- You need 1 of large potato, skinned and cut into 1" pieces.
- make ready 1 (14.5 oz) of can stewed tomatoes with juices.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
Easy Beef Stew for Two preparation
- Trim any large fat caps off your meat and cube meat into large bites, season liberally with salt and pepper. Set aside. The salt will encourage natural sugars to come to meats surface for better browning..
- In a large stock pot, heat a tablespoon of olive oil on med high heat until nearly smoking.
- In three batches, pat meat dry and drop into hot pan and sear each side a couple minutes to get a dark brown crust. Do not crowd all the meat into the pan or it will simply steam. Add more oil for each batch. Set browned meat aside..
- Add onion, then garlic to the pan and saute a couple minutes. Add balsamic and tomato paste and stir a minute longer. Scrape any bits from bottom of pan..
- Add meat to back to the pan and dust liberally with flour. Stir to cook flour 2 minutes..
- Add broth, bay leaf, thyme, and Worcestershire. Reduce heat to low..
- Add vegetables and can tomatoes with juices. Stir and cover..
- Cook on a low simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally until meat is fork tender. Add parsley at the finish..
- Add more broth if needed or to thicken mix one tablespoon of flour with a little broth and add to pot and continue cooking..
- Check at the end for needed salt or pepper. Remove bay leaf before serving..