Creamy Zucchini Chicken. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a plate. Add block of softened cream cheese. This baked chicken and zucchini casserole is creamy, hearty and low-carb!
This dish is made with the most delicious creamy tomato Parmesan sauce, tender chicken breast, zucchini, and summer squash. The seasoned zucchini is quickly roasted with olive oil, just enough so that it starts to brown. If you love this creamy chicken cavatelli pasta. You can have Creamy Zucchini Chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Zucchini Chicken
- You need 3 of medium zucchini (cut your way).
- You need 6-8 of deboned chicken thighs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of herbs de provence.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Za’atar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dice onion.
- You need of Salt to flavor.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1 cup of warm cream.
Check out more recipes for chicken, creamy pasta and zucchini: Zucchini Fritti with Parsley and Parmesan — a healthy, easy fried zucchini salad. The chicken and zucchini combination can be served over pasta or rice, or serve it along with mashed or baked potatoes. One reader replaced the zucchini with mushrooms and felt the flavor was even better. Another reader used rotisserie chicken in the dish.
Creamy Zucchini Chicken instructions
- Pour oil into large, deep sauté pan, and place over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until onion becomes soft and a bit clearer. To achieve this, stir often for approximately 7-10 minutes, or until onions soften up..
- Once onions are soft add zucchini, chicken, and a hefty pinch of salt(well sprinkled). Cover, and stir as needed until most of the squash has cooked down, and the chicken is done. Once you hit pic 3, see pic 4 below..
- Turn heat to medium-low, add Za’atar, herbs de Provence, garlic powder, add butter and fold it into the dish. Once you’ve achieved pic #4, add the cream and stir until evenly mixed. It should look like pic #5 upon mixing in cream and stirring for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Let cool, and serve with a hearty rice of your choice. I threw a lil siracha sauce on mine before I devoured it:).
See the comments and suggestions below the recipe. We're using milk instead of heavy cream and it makes the same a little lighter. Video: Creamy Garlic Alfredo Zucchini Noodles The combination of sour cream and cream of chicken soup have got you covered in the creamy department. We are huge advocates of homemade creamed of's, but if you are in a hurry, the canned soups do great in this recipe. If you want to go totally from scratch,.