Another cottage pie – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try. At its most basic, cottage pie is a meat pie (or casserole) that is topped with mashed potatoes rather You'll find another variation of cottage pie in the coastal regions of Britain. Cottage pie or shepherd's pie is a type of savory pie. It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James James Martin's easy cottage pie recipe is a family favourite. He goes back to basics to show you how. In this cooking video The Wolfe Pit uses Gordon Ramsay's recipe to show you how to make Cottage Pie. You can easy and quick concoct Another cottage pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you to make ready it.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Another cottage pie :
- You need 500 grams of potatoes.
- make ready 500 grams of minced beef.
- Prepare 1 bunch of small carrots.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 tbsp of panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 dash of worcestershire sauce.
- Set to taste of salt and pepper.
- Set 250 ml of beef stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of margarine.
- make ready 1 of small egg, beaten.
Definition: cottage pie aka sheppards pie. A meaty pie, usually beef with a layer of crrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaamy potato placed on top and then this dish is baked in an oven. Cottage pie is one of the classics of a British classic kitchen. Cottage Pie United Kingdom Menu Inspiration Food Kitchens Menu Board Design Essen Meals..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
Another cottage pie preparation of
- Boil the potatoes until soft to mash..
- Brown mince with freshly ground black pepper and reserve.
- Sautee the chopped onion until soft and add the carrots finely chopped..
- Add the worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, nutmeg and stock. Let it simmer. Add meat..
- Place mince mixture in a dish suitable for the oven..
- Mash the potato with a tablespoonful of margerine. Add a beaten egg and place on top of the meat.
- Cook in a pre heated oven at 200C for 30 minutes.
Meaning of cottage pie in English. Cottage pie has a minced beef filling and shepherd's pie has minced lamb. It's easy to remember the difference between the two is cottage pie is mince because the cottage is on the farm with the cows. The sauce is really simple and flavourful, but the Cottage pie is essentially a shepherd's pie but with beef. Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food.