Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats. This has become a favorite in my house! I originally got the inspiration for this dish from these sausage stuffed zucchini boats, another stuffed zucchini favorite! But you can literally stuff a zucchini with anything you can think up.
These make a delicious low carb meal and are perfect for using up that zucchini! Cheesy Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are a great way to enjoy a low-carb taco night and get an extra serving of vegetables! Packed with a flavorful taco filling and topped with melted cheese, you won't miss the tortilla! You can have Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- It’s 4 of zucchini.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 of small onion minced.
- Prepare 2 tbls of bell pepper minced.
- You need 4 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican shredded cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
Then crumble the queso fresco over each stuffed zucchini half. These Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are one of the most delicious things you can do with your summer zucchini. A wholesome, low-carb dinner idea the whole family will love. If you told me when I was a kid how much I'd love zucchini today, I'd never have believed it.
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats instructions
- Preheat oven to 400..
- Half and hollow out zucchini leaving 1/4" thick. Set aside 3/4 cup for taco mixture..
- Boil zucchini halves for 1 minute.
- Brown turkey, add spices and mix well..
- Add onion, pepper, zucchini, tomato sauce and water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Put 1/4 cup salsa in bottom of baking dish..
- Fill zucchini halves with taco mixture. Top with cheese..
- Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes..
- Serve with cilantro and salsa..
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats are really delicious and an easy alternative to try over the traditional tacos. If you are getting tired of making the same taco recipe over and over again, then this will be a great alternative. The best part of this meal is that it doesn't take long to prepare or to bake. Stuffed zucchini boats are one of my all time favorite meals. I shared a recipe for turkey stuffed zucchini boats a few years back and it quickly became one of the most popular recipe on Clean & Delicious.