Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick concoct Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. after this how you to achieve that.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash :
- Set 15 ml of olive oil.
- Set 500 grams of extra-lean minced beef.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s 1 of large onion, peeled and chopped.
- make ready 2 of medium carrots, peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 stick of celery, sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Set 400 ml of beef stock.
- Set 100 ml of red wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- make ready 2 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- make ready of For the mash.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 2 of medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks.
- make ready 100 grams of butter.
- make ready 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 200 grams of cheddar cheese, created.
- Set of salt.
Cottage Pie with cheesy carrot potato mash instructions
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the olive oil and extra-lean minced beef. Fry for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly brown. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrots and cook for a further 2mins. Stir in the flour and cook for 1min..
- Add the beef stock and the red wine to the pan, stirring, then add the Worcestershire sauce and tomato puree. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Add the parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, no lid..
- Spoon the mince into a large, shallow, creased oven dish..
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and carrots in a large pan of lightly salted water for 20 minutes or until both are tender. Drain well then add the butter, milk and salt. Mash until creamy and smooth, you can add more milk if you have to. Mix in the cheddar cheese, cover and set to one side..
- Top with the carrot and potato mash, smoothing the surface. Or pipe it on..
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, Grill for the last 5 minutes to get the top golden brown. Goes well with a side dish of peas..