Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce. Three-cheese tortellini are smothered in a homemade alfredo sauce. And the best part about this? No, it's not the epic cheesy-garlic goodness.
Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce instructions. Cook your tortellini as instructed on box and drain well. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. You can cook Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce
- You need 1 package of (any size under 20oz) refrigerated 3 cheese tortellini.
- You need 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of milk, or more as needed.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half*.
- Prepare 2 oz of cream cheese, cubed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan (I used the green bottle lol) still amazing.
- Prepare to taste of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper,.
- You need 2 pinches of chopped fresh parsley or dried flakes like me.
Whisk in flour till lightly browned. Garlic Alfredo Cheese Tortellini is quick and easy, and oh so creamy! Store bought sauce cannot compete with homemade. The ingredient list and instructions for this delicious easy alfredo sauce are right in the recipe card.
Tortellini with homemade alfredo garlic sauce step by step
- Cook your tortellini as instructed on box and drain well. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add your minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, Stirring frequently until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Whisk in flour till lightly browned. About 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and half and half and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened. About 2-3 minutes. Stir in cheeses until melted about 1 to 2 minutes. Add parsley now or after for garnish. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stir in tortellini and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with whatever you'd like. Ex: tomatoes like me, chives, parsley. Etc…
- NOTES* *Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream..
This TORTELLINI ALFREDO is a home run every time! If you know me at all, then you know my motto – if some is good, then more is better. Let's Make It Traditional homemade alfredo sauce takes a good bit of time, so this version when compared with that is a huge time & effort saver. The food processor or blender helps me out with time spent making a homemade alfredo & helps give it a creamier consistency since it whips the creams so well. Whether you want a hot appetizer for a party or a tasty, comforting weeknight meal option, double the batch because everyone is going to love it!