Pizza bake with zucchini crust. Zucchini Pizza Bake Haiku: "Don't hate my review! I made the 'crust' more like – crust. But, O M G, Wow!" I knew going into this recipe, that no, I wasn't making a pizza-pizza, but the one major change that I did (b/c yikes, that was loads of cheese on the ingredients' list and I didn't want the base to be quiche-like!) was to drop the cheese from the zucchini part, save the parmesan, and sub.
The thinner you spread the zucchini crust, the quicker it will bake. How do you make zucchini crust pizza? Start by making the zucchini crust. You can have Pizza bake with zucchini crust using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pizza bake with zucchini crust
- You need 4 c of shredded unpeeled zucchini (about 2 large zucchini).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 c of Italian style bread crumbs.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 c of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 3 c of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 c of shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sliced fresh mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 c of sliced black olives.
Add zucchini, eggs, flour, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt to a mixing bowl. The thinner you spread the zucchini crust, the quicker it will bake. Remove the crusts from the oven. Once sufficiently cooled, top with desired amount of tomato sauce.
Pizza bake with zucchini crust instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- Place zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 15 minutes then squeeze out the moisture..
- Combine zucchini, eggs, parmesan, 1 c mozzarella and 1/2 c Monterey Jack, bread crumbs and garlic in a large bowl. Press the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes..
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat with olive oil. Heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Stir in tomato sauce, salt & pepper (to taste) and Italian seasoning..
- Spoon meat mixture over baked zucchini crust. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Monterey Jack over top. Top with mushrooms and olives..
- Bake for 20 mins or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving..
- All done!.
Got a bumper crop of zucchini? Try this crowd-pleasing casserole-meets-pizza dish, which can easily be made gluten-free. A layer of tender shredded zucchini is topped with all the classics: sauce, cheese, pepperoni and sliced bell pepper. Experiment with your own favorite toppings, but make sure you don't overload the crust or it will be too wet. Can You Freeze Zucchini Pizza Crusts.