Traditional Cottage Pie – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try.
You can easy and quick have Traditional Cottage Pie using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Next how you to prepare it.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Traditional Cottage Pie :
- It’s 500 grams of minced beef.
- You need 1 medium of onion.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- make ready 1 of beef oxo.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- make ready 2 tbsp of brown sauce.
- Set 300 ml of gravy made up.
- Set 1 of big pinch of mixed herbs.
- It’s 6 large of potatoes.
- make ready 75 ml of milk.
- You need 50 grams of butter.
Traditional Cottage Pie preparation
- boil the potatoes until you can cut easily with a knife.
- mostly brown mince off in a pan.
- dice onion and carrots. crush garlic. add to the mince. crumble oxo over and finish off browning the mince.
- add both sauces, herbs, garlic and gravy. simmer.
- drain the potatoes and leave to steam for 5 mins to make fluffy mash.
- pour mince into a deep casserole dish.
- add butter and milk to the potatoes and mash until all the lumps have gone.
- clip the end of the pipping bag and spoon in the mash. remove clip and pipe one even layer of mash then a layer of spikes.
- place under a grill/broiler until peaks brown.
- if you don't have a pipping bag just spoon on the mash and spike up with a fork.