Homemade Roast Beef (with pictures). A simple recipe for making Homemade Roast Beef. Beef top round is rubbed with oil, stuck with slivers of thinly sliced garlic, and seasoned with salt and pepper, sits on a bed of herbs and slowly roasts until perfect. Perfect as a main dish or sliced for sandwiches.
I picked this recipe because I wanted a plain pot roast without added vegetables wine beef broth etc. — a recipe that allows one to savor the flavor of the beef. Roast beef is a nostalgic standby that conjures home. Pick from our chefs' most popular roast beef recipes and make a weeknight supper special. You can cook Homemade Roast Beef (with pictures) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Roast Beef (with pictures)
- It’s of Beef round.
- Prepare of season (to taste) Salt, pepper, garlic.
- Prepare of Marinade:.
- It’s of ┌Soy sauce.
- Prepare of ├Red wine.
- You need of ├Fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- You need of ├Sliced onion.
- You need of each ├Ginger & Garlic.
- Prepare of lemon └Lemon slice.
Share: Rate this Recipe: No votes yet. By baking this hash in the oven, you eliminate the need to turn it with a spatula and constantly watch it as it cooks. Serve topped with a poached egg or with a green salad and French bread. Homemade roast beef like your grandmother used to make, doesn't have to be a memory.
Homemade Roast Beef (with pictures) instructions
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic over the meat and let cool to room temperature before cooking. Preheat oven to 200ºC / 390ºF..
- Add a little bit of oil to a pan and brown the surface of the meat..
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (adjust the cooking time based on the size of the roast and oven)..
- While it's cooking, mix the marinade in a plastic bag. (Put the onions in the bag as soon as you finish slicing.).
- Once the meat from Step 3 is finished cooking, marinate using the marinade from Step 4 for 2-3 hours (up to a day). Adjust the marinating time to your preference..
- Thinly slice and arrange on a plate lined with lettuce leaves..
- This is my mother-in-law's handwritten recipe. The instructions only take up 4 lines. Its so simple. That's why I always wanted to make it, even back then..
Make your own Sunday roast beef with brown onion gravy and check out my flavorful roast beef rub for a little zing. Homemade roast beef took two distinct paths in my family. My French grandmother and grandfather, liked it rare — to the point of bloody, with. Want to learn how to cook rib roast? This standing rib roast recipe is practically foolproof.