Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan. Add the broccoli, mushrooms, onion and garlic powder and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add garlic butter to a high-speed blender and set aside. Tips for Perfect Vegan Alfredo Sauce.
Add some roasted mushrooms, caramelized onions, or sun-dried tomatoes to your vegan alfredo sauce to infuse some extra flavor. Add onion and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally. This vegan Alfredo sauce is incredibly delicious and versatile too. You can have Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan
- It’s of Sauce :.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk (liquid from can; see note).
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas.
- Prepare to taste of salt pepper &.
- It’s of water as needed.
- It’s of Pasta :.
- You need 1 package of fettuccine pasta.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion , diced.
- You need 1 package of portobello mushroom (8oz), sliced.
- You need 2 cups of broccoli , chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic , minced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It’s Handful of greens(optional).
How to Make Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo. The traditional fettuccine Alfredo is packed with fats while lacking in nutrients. The vegan version is just as delicious as the traditional one (maybe even more!) but it is much more nutritious as it has veggies and nuts sneaked into it. Fill a large pot with water; add salt and bring to a rolling boil.
Easy Alfredo Sauce(With Mushroom Broccoli Fettuccine)-Oil Free, Vegan instructions
- *Note-refrigerate coconut milk overnight or for a few hours to seperate the solid from the liquid: we're only using the liquid at the bottom in this recipe. Save the cream at the top for creamy smoothies, sauces, to replace butter in baked goods, or even whip it with sugar and vanilla to create vegan whipped cream!**.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Afterwards, strain and return to the pot it was boiled in add a touch of oil to prevent sticking..
- While the pasta is cooking, first dice the onions and mince the garlic(it is important to let garlic and onions rest for 10 minutes before being cooked to release a cancer-preventing property. Chop Broccoli into small florets. (Tip: instead of wasting the nutrient-packed stem, make sure to grab as much stem as possible when breaking the florets, you can slice much of the stem off to create smaller florets. This will add more fiber/nutrients and offer extra deliciousness in your pasta. Use the….
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, add water to your desired consistency..
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Once hot add mushrooms and onions with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until onion is translucent and liquid has been released, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and broccoli, continue cooking for about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and add to pasta as well as Alfredo sauce. Stir well, reheat everything at medium heat for about a minute and serve over green leaves for extra nutrients(optional)!.
And even with this easy fettuccine dish, it becomes restaurant quality with all that creamy parmesan goodness, sitting in a pool of that heavenly mushroom alfredo sauce. The perfect dinner, this Fettuccine Alfredo is richly saucy, and full of tender chicken, hearty mushrooms, and bright broccoli. I made several lightened up Alfredo sauce dishes, but I wanted to create something for the vegan or dairy-free folks out there. I adore cheese, but if I couldn't eat it I would definitely try my best to find a substitute. Last time I experimented with cashews and pasta it was a huge success.