Tuna Alfredo. Tuna Alfredo For quick comfort, Vicki Didier of Manchesney Park, Illinois uses a packaged noodles and sauce mix to make this old-fashioned-tasting tuna casserole. "When it's just my husband and me for dinner, I rely on this fast favorite," she says. Place tuna in a skillet over low heat; season with onion powder and salt. Add Alfredo sauce; stir until combined.
While the pasta boiled I heated the Alfredo peas tuna and dried herbs in a separate saucepan. Tuna casserole is the ultimate in comfort food—but when it's made with just five ingredients and updated with some pesto and fancy pasta, it's also fun to make (and eat)! This five-ingredient tuna Alfredo casserole recipe is perfect for dinner on a busy weeknight. You can cook Tuna Alfredo using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna Alfredo
- It’s 4 cups of wide egg noodles.
- You need 2 cans of (each 5 oz.) tuna, drained and flaked.
- You need of Alfredo Sauce:.
- You need 2 oz. of brick style cream cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each Italian seasoning, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper, onion powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Creamy tuna alfredo is a delicious combination of pasta, garlic, table cream, parmesan, and tuna. The outcome of this dish is simply stunning. It is part of my weekly menu, and I often serve it up on a Wednesday. One … In a bowl, mix together pesto, Alfredo sauce, and milk.
Tuna Alfredo instructions
- Start a large pot of salted water heating over high heat. Once it comes to a boil, stir in the egg noodles and cook according to package directions. While you're waiting on the water to come to a boil, start the sauce (step 2). Once the pasta is done, drain it, then return it to the pot and stir in the tuna..
- In a smaller saucepan, place the butter, cream cheese and heavy cream over medium heat. Let it heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter and cream cheese have both melted and incorporated. Then stir in the garlic and seasonings. Let this mixture come up to a simmer, then allow it to simmer until it has thickened, about 5 minutes or so. Once thickened, remove it from the heat and immediately stir in the parmesan cheese until it's melted smoothly into the sauce..
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and tuna mixture and toss to coat everything together. That's it, serve it right away, because this sauce doesn't reheat all that well..
Add to the pasta, stirring to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add sauce mixture and tuna; mix lightly. Purchased pesto and Alfredo sauce are the shortcut ingredients that make this tuna casserole recipe quick and easy to make. Top each serving of tuna Alfredo with plenty of Parmesan for an ooey-gooey finish.