Creamy chicken and cheese tortellini with spinach!. This chicken tortellini dish with a creamy tomato sauce, ground lean chicken, spinach tortellini, and fresh spinach is everything you want in a comforting pasta dish but created in a lighter, fresher way. When I think about what I want to eat on a cold night, pasta is always high up on the list. Using refrigerated cheese tortellini makes this dinner even easier.
Combine all ingredients: Add in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth and cornstarch. Whisk into the sauce and add in the tortellini and spinach. You can have Creamy chicken and cheese tortellini with spinach! using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy chicken and cheese tortellini with spinach!
- You need 1 box of Chicken broth ( big box) Swanson.
- You need 1 packages of 8 oz cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 box of chopped spinach.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of minced garlic ( 3 tbsp).
- You need 2 of boneless chicken breast (diced&browned).
- It’s dash of spices I used garlic powder, onion powder, basil leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of cheese tortellini ( 1 or 2).
- Prepare 1 can of Alfredo sauce.
Add tortellini and mix well with the sauce. Creamy tortellini with spinach and mushrooms is a super easy and delicious meatless one pan meal! This recipe is based on my Creamy Spinach and Mushroom Gnocchi. It uses similar ingredients and the same cooking method but replaces the gnocchi with tortellini.
Creamy chicken and cheese tortellini with spinach! step by step
- Brown your diced chicken in a skillet on med heat using olive oil..
- Turn your crock pot on! Pour your chicken broth, cream cheese, alfredo sauce, tomatoes, spinach and all your spices in. Let that cook and melt down the cream cheese! About 30 mins.
- Once that is cooked down add your chicken! Let that cook another 30 to 40 mins!.
- Then add your tortellini! It takes about 10 to 15 mins to cook! That's it! Serve in a bowl with your favorite garlic bread!.
- You can also add all these ingredients and let it cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours. But I do it differently cause this is soo delicious I can't wait that long!.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Stir in whipping cream and cheese. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the spinach. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. The chicken, spinach, mushrooms and tortellini all just go so well together and they are perfectly complimented by the creamy broth.