Chicken and Mushrooms Alfredo Pesto Pasta. A lovely and colorful pasta dish combines chicken with garlic, mushrooms, red peppers, artichoke hearts, spinach, and basil pesto. It's easy and quick, but looks and tastes elegant and special. Use a good gluten free pasta to make this dish gluten free.
Perfect any time of the year but especially during the Summer, when fresh basil abounds. The delicious creamy pesto sauce is made with milk, basil pesto, red pepper flakes. I love pesto, and cook a lot with it in the Summer. You can have Chicken and Mushrooms Alfredo Pesto Pasta using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Mushrooms Alfredo Pesto Pasta
- You need 1/2 lb of fettuccine pasta.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oul.
- It’s 1 lb of boneless chicken breast cut into strips.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of kraft grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of pesto.
Meanwhile, return skillet to medium-high heat and melt butter. Add pasta, water, salt, and pepper. When water is nearly absorbed, stir in the pesto, spinach, and half and half. How to Make Chicken Spinach Alfredo.
Chicken and Mushrooms Alfredo Pesto Pasta instructions
- Cook Pasta as directed on package.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 7 minutes.
- Stir in milk and cream cheese and cook for 3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted. Add mushrooms, Parmesan and pesto. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to sauce and stir and mix for 2 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread and enjoy.
Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook pasta according to box directions for al dente. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just al dente (don't overcook pasta) drain but do not rinse. Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Fettuccine pasta describes the long, flat noodles.