Mini Ham, Egg & Veg Cups. In a bowl, whisk eggs & thyme, then whisk in half & half mixture. Drizzle tomato slices w/evoo, top w/scallion greens and season w/ salt & pepper. Serve alongside mini ham casseroles & enjoy!
In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the ham, scallion whites and a pinch of pepper. Pie crust – store-bought works perfectly fine. Ham or prosciutto – adds a nice saltiness to the mini quiche. You can have Mini Ham, Egg & Veg Cups using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini Ham, Egg & Veg Cups
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, beaten,.
- Prepare 1 of good dash of whole fat or semi skimmed milk,.
- It’s 10-12 slices of wafer thin ham,.
- Prepare of Around 20-25g red bell pepper cut into tiny cubes,.
- Prepare 2 of baby plum tomatoes, cut into tiny pieces,.
- You need 1 of spring onion, cut into very fine rings,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried parsley to season,.
- You need 1 of spray cooking oil (sunflower or vegetable),.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season, (don't add salt if for infants),.
- Prepare of Equipment Needed:.
- You need 1 of silicone mini muffin mould with 12 compartments.
Sharp cheddar cheese – quality sharp cheddar makes all the difference. Green onions – you can also use chives as it is a mild onion flavor as well. Eggs – eggs are the star of this meal. Milk – whole milk gives you the correct fat ratio needed.
Mini Ham, Egg & Veg Cups instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Spray oil into each section of the silicone mould. In a bowl with the beaten egg, add a good dash of milk, season with parsley, salt and pepper. Mix together..
- Line each muffin mould with a slice of wafer thin ham. Cover any little gaps with extra torn off pieces. Try not to overlap the ham over the top too much as it'll burn when baking..
- Add a couple of little pieces of spring onion, pepper and tomato into each mould opening. Carefully spoon in the egg mixture into each hold of the mould until it reaches the top rim..
- If there's any remaining pieces of veg place them into the holes on top of the egg mixture. Bake on a tray in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the egg is cooked through. Check on them every 10 mins to ensure they're not catching. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before using a small spoon to gently turn them out of the mould..
Haven't made these with the ham and cheddar yet, but adapted the recipe and used green onion, reduced fat feta crumbles, and fresh spinach. They are very good, but it doesn't make much. Flat but tasty – a little salty. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients just until blended. Another thing I love about these ham and cheese egg muffins, besides how easy they are to freeze and reheat, is how few calories they have.