Family favourite shepherds pie – this is recipe you’re looking for? Please look at the menu list to choose the recipe and beverage you want to try. Good old family classic shepherd's pie made vegan friendly. Easy Shepherd's Pie is the perfect week-night dinner! Loaded with meat and veggies and topped with potatoes and cheese, this warm dish is the ultimate comfort food. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe was definitely one of those "rotation meals" in our family growing up.
The SORTED guys make this well loved dish their own by featuring a splash of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce into an untraditional tomato base to create a very special Sheperd's Pie. It's a firm family favourite and our Shepherds pie is definitely the one to serve up – everyone will love the healthy twist we've put on a classic. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. You can easy and quick serve Family favourite shepherds pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. then how you to prepare that.
Ingredients that must be prepared for Family favourite shepherds pie :
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Set 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- make ready 1 stick of celery, finely chopped.
- It’s 3 of medium carrots, finely chopped1 tbsp olive oil.
- Set 8-10 of potatoes, boiled and mashed with a little butter and salt to taste (you could do more if you like lots of mash on top like us!).
- Set 500 g of lean beef mince.
- It’s 300 g of frozen Quorn mince.
- Set 350 ml of veg stock – we use bouillon as its vegan and organic.
- make ready 1 of beef oxo cube (optional if you're using beef mince).
- Set 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 of level tsp smoked paprika.
- Set 1 of heaped tsp marmite (it makes all the difference – even if you're a marmite hater!).
- You need 1 tsp of tomato puree.
Shepherd's pie with a sweet potato topping. It's a firm family favourite and our. Roast lamb was a real favourite at home on a Sunday because the leftover lamb made this shepherd's pie recipe. Serve the shepherd's pie hot with the cabbage piled alongside..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
Family favourite shepherds pie preparation
- Heat the oil in a large pan (oven proof if possible to save on washing up!) Add the veg and cook for 10-15 mins until lovely and soft..
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes or so until browned. Now add the Quorn mince and cook for a few minutes..
- Sprinkle over the Oxo cube and paprika and stir into the mince. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir again. Add a few tbsps of stock and cook for a minute or two to allow the mince to absorb the flavour..
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well into the mince mix. Gradually add half of the remaining stock and simmer for a few minutes. The liquid should start to thicken. At this point, add the marmite and the tomato puree and stir again..
- Add a little more of the stock and keep adding until the "gravy" reaches the desired consistency. You may not need all the stock..
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and take off the heat. If you have time, let the mince mixture and the mash cool a little as it's easier to build the pie when its had time to cool down..
- When ready, pour the mince mix into a large ovenproof dish. Spoon the mashed potato on the top and fluff up with a fork..
- Cook in a preheated oven at 190˚ for about 25-35 minutes. (If you have left the mixture to cool completely beforehand, reduce the heat of the oven to 180˚ and cook for 40 – 45 minutes.).
- Serve with some fresh green veg whilst piping hot. Try not to fall out over the crispy bits!.
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. This is a family favorite at our house and my kids love helping make the layers. I tried your recipe the last time I made my Shepherd's Pie but did half white potatoes and half sweet potatoes plus I used frozen organic peas, edamame and fresh organic carrots. Family meal times can be hard to juggle, especially if you have fussy eaters. This recipe is great for all the family!