Cajun chicken pasta salad. Make dressing, in a medium bowl, whisk mayonnaise with oil, lemon juice, cajun seasoning, and paprika. Make pasta salad, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook. The chicken in this Creole pasta salad definitely has some kick.
When done, shock in ice water to stop the cooking. Remove ends from onion, peel, cut in half, then julienne. CAJUN PASTA SALAD IS A NICE CHANGE OF PACE. You can cook Cajun chicken pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken pasta salad
- You need of Orecchiette pasta.
- You need of Cavatapi pasta.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Paul Prudome poultry seasoning at least.
- It’s of Italian dressing.
- You need of French dressing.
- Prepare of Bell peppers different colors cut into matchsticks and chunks.
- Prepare of Black olives.
- You need of Green onion.
- Prepare of Yellow onion.
- You need 3 halves of Chicken breast.
- It’s of The best olive oil you can find.
There is a slight kick to this pasta salad, but it's a good kick!. The flavors compliment each other so well. Of course, if you don't like bell peppers or shallots, just leave them out! But we think they add a nice, but subtle, dimension to the salad.
Cajun chicken pasta salad instructions
- Boil pasta al dente drain… set aside.
- Put oil in skillet (this gets really smokey if you can do this outside do it)Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks coat with olive oil…and paul prudome poultry seasoning (coat it well) when the oil in the skillet is smoking (be careful fine line here between smoking and a fire) the coated chicken gets crispy in the high heat (blackened) cook through..
- Have chopped peppers onion olives chopped and ready.
- When chicken is done add rest of veggies.
- Stir for a minute or 2 then add french dressing and Italian dressing let it simmer for a few minutes..
- Cool off (tastes great warm too).
- Put cooled pasta salad in fridge overnight.
- Flavors get better overnight!!!.
- This can be adjusted to feed a few or alot of people…. use amounts that make sense to you (I know….for you people who measure everything this kinda sucks sorry).
Made with chicken breast, pasta, and plenty of fresh, colorful veggies with Cajun Seasoning is an easy meal! This Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is one of my family's favorite meals all-year 'round. This pasta dish has a creamy cajun sauce that coats every bite. Cook the pasta in gently boiling water until al dente. Remove from heat, drain, rinse and cool.