Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. Great recipe for Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad. A delicious pasta salad with a creamy homemade dressing (no mayonnaise required!). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
Yet it still feels like a comfort food dish, just as pasta should. Can You Make Italian Artichoke Salad Ahead of Time? You can make some of this artichoke heart salad ahead of time. You can have Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad
- You need 1 lb of farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked al dente.
- You need 1/2 cup of kalamata olives *divided*.
- You need 1 cup of roasted red peppers (about 3 large peppers) *divided*.
- Prepare 1 of x 12 oz can marinated artichoke hearts, roughly choppped *divided*.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh italian parsley *divided*.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red onion, sliced very thin *divided*.
- You need 2 tablespoons of capers.
- You need of Note: anything marked *divided* will be used for both the salad and the dressing.
- You need of For the dressing:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of red onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of roasted red pepper.
- You need 10 of of the kalamata olives.
- It’s 1/4 cup of artichoke hearts.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
And the other ingredients can be prepped ahead if you like. I would recommend portioning out and chopping the artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and red onions. Add the cooked pasta, artichoke hearts, roasted bell peppers, olives, cucumber, onion, and half of the feta cheese to a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss gently to mix.
Roasted Red Pepper, Artichoke and Olive Pasta Salad instructions
- Bring a large, salted pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling rapidly, add the pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes. Start checking at 8 minutes, then keep a close eye after that as you don't want soggy pasta! Once cooked, drain and rinse quickly with cold water and allow to cool..
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the olives, peppers, parsley, onion and artichokes..
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth..
- Place cooled pasta in a bowl and pour over the dressing (you may not need to use ALL of the dressing, refrigerate any leftover dressing for future use). Toss well..
- Then add peppers, capers, olives, artichokes and parsley and toss again..
- Enjoy! (Note: can be refrigerated for up to 3 days).
Salt boiling water and add pasta. The key players are marinated artichoke hearts, portabella mushroom caps and roasted red peppers. I love to buy the artichoke hearts that are marinated in oil and spices – the canned ones in water will work too; they just have less flavor since they have not been sitting in an infused oil mixture. The beauty of this recipe for Artichoke and Roasted Red Pepper Salad is that it's short and simple, but you could add any number of other ingredients to this dish to jazz it up even further. Throw in some olives, capers, and chunks of salami, or swap out the parsley for another herb such as basil or rosemary.