Summer pasta salad. Pasta salad is on the menu in a big way this summer. Not content with mere side dish status, the best pasta salads are busting out main-dish moves with bold tastes and textures. These cold pasta salads will be a refreshing addition to your summer dinners.
The pasta is tossed with the sweet-tangy dressing, bitter red greens and onions. A friend served this BLT pasta salad, and I just had to get the recipe. My husband loves BLT sandwiches, so this has become a favorite of his. You can have Summer pasta salad using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Summer pasta salad
- You need 14.5 ounces of protein plus penne pasta.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of asparagus broken into bite size pieces.
- You need 1 cup of chopped bell pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of grape tomatoes cut in half.
- You need 1 cup of simply dressed Italian dressing.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped zucchini.
It's nice to serve on hot and humid days, which we frequently get during summer here in Virginia. —Mrs. My family loves pasta salads, but usually they have too much mayonnaise or oily dressing. Using hummus gives this dish a great taste and texture, while also increasing its nutritional profile. Adding chicken (store-bought rotisserie chicken works well), makes this pasta salad a complete meal.
Summer pasta salad step by step
- Cook pasta in boiling water for ten minutes then add chopped broccoli to the water. Cook and stir one minute. Then drain and rinse broccoli and pasta in cold water..
- Take chopped zucchini, chopped bell peppers and asparagus and sauté in olive oil for 5 – 7 minutes until tender crisp..
- Add to broccoli and pasta. Add grape tomatoes. Pour dressing over and toss thoroughly..
- Chill for 4 hours, then ready to eat. Keep uneaten salad refrigerated..
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pasta Salads are a cinch to make and a great way to show off summer veggies. Add some grilled chicken or shrimp, and you've got the makings of a satisfying meal. What really sets a good pasta apart though is a great, creamy dressing. Shrimp, Lemon & Gemelli Party Pasta Salad Recipe Dill, mustard, and capers are just a few of the flavors that spice up this easy to make pasta salad.