‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup. 'Nikomi Udon' is a dish of Udon Noodles that are cooked in a soup with various ingredients. Heat all the soup ingredients in a large saucepan or pot. Today I used a clay pot called 'Donabe' in Japanese.
When it's cold outside, this noodle soup will warm you inside out. Most udon noodle soups are served in clear dashi broth seasoned with soy. We are making a local specialty Miso Nikomi Udon, which is a must-taste dish when visiting Nagoya, in the Aichi Prefecture. You can cook ‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of ‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup
- You need 2 of servings Cooked Udon Noodles *Frozen type recommended.
- It’s 2 of Shiitake.
- You need 2 of Chickuwa (Fish Sausages) OR/AND 4 Fish Balls.
- Prepare 1 of Bok Choy OR other Green Leafy Vegetable.
- You need 2 of Spring Onions.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare of *Note: The above ingredients are suggestions. You can add Chicken, other Asian Mushrooms, Tofu, and etc.
- It’s of <Soup>.
- It’s 2 cups of Dashi Stock *OR 2 cups Water & 1 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of Mirin.
Miso udon noodle soup, also known as miso nikomi udon in Japanese, is a rustic dish of thick wheat udon noodles simmered in a savory miso broth with various ingredients such as fried tofu (aburaage), fish cake (kamaboko), chicken, and green onions. Other ingredients that can easily be incorporated. Here you may to know how to make udon soup. Watch the video explanation about Miso Nikomi Udon Recipe (Udon Noodles Simmered in Miso Broth with Chicken)
‘Nikomi’ Simmered Udon Soup step by step
- If you use Frozen Udon, place in a heat-proof bowl, pour over boiling hot water and loosen the noodles, then drain..
- Heat all the soup ingredients in a large saucepan or pot. Today I used a clay pot called ‘Donabe’ in Japanese..
- Add Udon Noodles and other ingredients, and bring to the simmer. Eggs can be added at the end of the cooking process. When Udon Noodles are soft and vegetables are cooked, it is ready to enjoy..
- *Note: Cold Eggs straight from the fridge takes time to be cooked. Crack an Egg into a small cup and microwave at medium power about 500-600W for 30 seconds, then place it in the soup. And repeat with another Egg. This way Eggs can be cooked quickly in the soup..
Cooking with Dog Online, article, story, explanation, suggestion, youtube. Heat the dashi stock in an earthen pot also known as donabe, and place the chicken into it. In Aichi Prefecture, Hatcho Miso is an essential condiment in everyday cooking. It is of course used in miso soup, but also other miso-based dishes, for example, miso katsu. Chicken udon soup recipe is a simple and quick meal on cool days.