Rainbow Garden Pasta Salad with Dill and Olives. Rainbow garden Pasta Salad is one of my favorite salads ever! This amazing one-bowl meal gets its bright colors and flavors from multicolored, multi-flavored (spinach and tomato flavored) rotini or spiral pasta, black olives, orange carrots, green dill pickles, fresh dill, green peppers and red tomatoes along with radishes in a tangy homemade vinaigrette. Rainbow Garden Pasta Salad with Dill and Olives An easy and delicious cold salad with lots of flavors, textures and colors from healthy tricolor pasta, crunchy vegetables and tangy dill pickles.
A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, tomato, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir together pasta (cooked, drained, and rinsed with cold water), fresh peas, blanched green beans, halved cherry tomatoes, and chopped fresh basil, chives, dill, and flat-leaf parsley in a large bowl. Add vinaigrette, and gently toss to combine. You can cook Rainbow Garden Pasta Salad with Dill and Olives using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rainbow Garden Pasta Salad with Dill and Olives
- It’s 1 cup of multicolored rotini or spiral pasta.
- Prepare 3-4 of red radishes/1 small white radish, peeled and sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of julienned or cubed green pepper/capsicum.
- It’s 1/2 cup of julienned or cubed yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olives (black or green), sliced.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of dill pickles, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced red onions.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped dill leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated carrots.
- It’s of Additional salad toppings:.
- Prepare as needed of Crumbled blue cheese/feta cheese/paneer.
- Prepare as needed of Shredded or cubed cheese (cheddar).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Raisins.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Walnuts.
- It’s 5-6 of Dates etc.
- It’s of For the Italian dressing or vinaigrette:.
- You need 1/2 cup of salad oil or olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vinegar (white or red wine).
- You need 3 tablespoons of water.
- It’s 1 of large garlic, grated.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano (or Italian seasoning).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s to taste of Red pepper flakes (optional).
Serve at room temperature, or cover and chill Ingredients. DELI GARDEN HERB PASTA SALAD Cook noodles according to package directions. Put noodles in a bowl, then add broccoli, tomatoes, water chestnuts, onions, and olives. Prepare the crème fraiche with dill by finely chopping the dill and mixing it in with the crème fraiche and a large squeeze of lemon juice in a small cup.
Rainbow Garden Pasta Salad with Dill and Olives instructions
- To make the dressing Place all the ingredients in a tight fitting jar and shake well. Taste the vinaigrette and adjust seasonings. Keep aside..
- To make the pasta salad Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain thoroughly, rinse with cold water and keep aside. In a large salad bowl, add other salad ingredients to the cooled pasta; drizzle half the dressing and mix well..
- Adjust the seasoning (salt and pepper) according to taste. If needed add more dressing. Toss well and chill until serving time..
- When ready to serve, toss again; add more dressing if needed along with other toppings like raisins, walnuts, spinach leaves, chopped dates, crumbled blue cheese or cheddar cheese, croutons etc. Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator..
- Notes: This salad can be prepared a day ahead and chilled in the refrigerator (develops more flavor) until serving time. You can add a little of the pickle juice (from the jar of pickles) to the dressing or in the salad for additional flavor. Have fun with other vegetables for different flavors, texture and crunch. Squeeze some lemon or lime juice for added vitamins and tang. Instead of dill, you can use cilantro or even mint leaves..
Serve by placing the asparagus on the base of the plate and top with the trout, asparagus ribbons, spring onion, extra fresh dill and a dollop of the crème fraiche dill mixture. This Greek-style pasta salad includes kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes, creating a rich combination of flavors. The feta cheese tops it off with a little creaminess and saltiness. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Get the best ideas for top pasta salad recipes with fresh vegetables for summer parties, potlucks and barbecues from Food Network.