Summer Pasta Salad. Pasta salad is on the menu in a big way this summer. Not content with mere side dish status, the best pasta salads are busting out main-dish moves with bold tastes and textures. These cold pasta salads will be a refreshing addition to your summer dinners.
The pasta is tossed with the sweet-tangy dressing, bitter red greens and onions. A friend served this BLT pasta salad, and I just had to get the recipe. My husband loves BLT sandwiches, so this has become a favorite of his. You can have Summer Pasta Salad using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Summer Pasta Salad
- It’s 1 of For the cooked pasta of you choice… cold, (leftover) or cold freshly cooked.
- You need 8 of grilled chicken wings (cold, leftover).
- You need 1 lb of of cooked pasta…of your choice.
- Prepare 4 of ears of grill roasted corn on the cob.
It's nice to serve on hot and humid days, which we frequently get during summer here in Virginia. —Mrs. My family loves pasta salads, but usually they have too much mayonnaise or oily dressing. Using hummus gives this dish a great taste and texture, while also increasing its nutritional profile. Adding chicken (store-bought rotisserie chicken works well), makes this pasta salad a complete meal.
Summer Pasta Salad instructions
- De-bone the chicken wings, cut the meat bite size.
- Cut corn from the cob.
- Add pasta that is cold …(leftover or freshly made & chilled).
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl…add dressing of choice…toss lightly…serve….dig in & enjoy….
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pasta Salads are a cinch to make and a great way to show off summer veggies. Add some grilled chicken or shrimp, and you've got the makings of a satisfying meal. What really sets a good pasta apart though is a great, creamy dressing. Shrimp, Lemon & Gemelli Party Pasta Salad Recipe Dill, mustard, and capers are just a few of the flavors that spice up this easy to make pasta salad.