Summer Pasta Salad. Pasta salad is on the menu in a big way this summer. Not content with mere side dish status, the best pasta salads are busting out main-dish moves with bold tastes and textures. Take a look at some of our favorite main dish pasta salad recipes to make this summer.
A friend served this BLT pasta salad, and I just had to get the recipe. My husband loves BLT sandwiches, so this has become a favorite of his. It's nice to serve on hot and humid days, which we frequently get during summer here in Virginia. —Mrs. You can have Summer Pasta Salad using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Summer Pasta Salad
- It’s 1/2 box of pasta, your choice.
- Prepare 1 Can of Chick Peas or Kidney Beans.
- Prepare 1 of chopped head of broccoli.
- Prepare 3 of chopped stalks celery.
- Prepare 2 of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 Can of chopped olives.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Half and Half.
- You need of Salt and Cayenne Pepper.
These cold pasta salads will be a refreshing addition to your summer dinners. As soon as the summer heat arrives, the last thing you want to do is spend hours in a hot kitchen. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Pasta Salads are a cinch to make and a great way to show off summer veggies.
Summer Pasta Salad instructions
- Boil pasta. Drain and cool.
- Mix vegetables and pasta in large bowl. Mix in mayo, Half and Half, and spices..
- Chill and serve..
Add some grilled chicken or shrimp, and you've got the makings of a satisfying meal. What really sets a good pasta apart though is a great, creamy dressing. Shrimp, Lemon & Gemelli Party Pasta Salad Recipe Dill, mustard, and capers are just a few of the flavors that spice up this easy to make pasta salad. These five-star pasta salads are busting out main-dish moves with bold tastes and textures. Easy and endlessly customizable, mac salad is always welcome.