Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad. In this salad, the hot pasta will wilt the spinach and soften the squash. Firm tofu, cut into cubes and cooked in a nonstick pan, can be used in place of shrimp. Zesty Feta and Shrimp Summer Pasta Salad Chicken, shrimp, and summer vegetables are tossed with cooked pasta in this hearty, crowd-pleasing salad.
Lemon and Dijon mustard brighten the dressing, and asparagus adds a nice crunch. This summer Shrimp Pasta Salad is a lighter spin on the Southern shrimp pasta salad that I remember making frequent appearances at our church potlucks and family reunions growing up. Like the original recipe, it has a creamy dressing, baby salad shrimp, and is super duper easy to make. You can have Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad
- You need 1 box of Angel Hair Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Any size shrimp, Thawed..
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green onion, Chopped.
- It’s 6 oz of Feta Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 can of Hot Rotel.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- You need 3 oz of Black Olives.
- You need 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of Cavender's All Purpose Greek Seasoning.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of pads of Butter.
- You need 1 of lemon.
The flavors aren't too strong, so it pleases a variety of. Shrimp pasta salad is a popular favorite that rises high above other pasta salad recipes. That cool, creamy base mingles tangy flavors and textures that are unmatched in other pasta recipes. Shrimp pasta salad is full of intense flavors that blend shrimp, pasta and crisp summer veggies into one of the most unique shrimp pasta recipes ever!
Summer Shrimp Pasta Salad step by step
- Boil pasta according to directions..
- Thaw Shrimp and sautee in butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and garlic. Cook for 2 mins on each side or until done. Squeeze 1/2 lemon to shrimp while it sautees..
- Once pasta is done, run under cold water. Add Olive oil so it won't stick. Shrimp should be done..
- Chop green onion and cilantro. Add to cold pasta and toss with shrimp.
- Add feta, 1/2 can of drained rotel, can of black olives and season with Cavender's Seasoning to your liking..
- Toss in a little more Olive oil and refrigerate overnight or enjoy right away..
- ENJOY ;).
Pasta salad makes a great side or even a main dish, regardless of the recipe, but this recipe takes pasta salad to a whole new level of yum! The secret is in the dressing. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. In a large bowl, combine pasta, shrimp, peas, green onions and parsley.